Founded in 2010, Beautiful Dream Society began our work to fight human trafficking in Lesotho, Africa. In 2012, BDS turned our focus to include working in Oklahoma, the home state of our founder, Jennifer Crow.
From 2013 to 2016, Beautiful Dream Society operated our State-certified Dream Home for adult female victims of sex trafficking. During this time, 57 women and their children were served directly in our residential home where they received comprehensive, trauma-informed crisis services such as:
- Medical and dental care
- Trauma-informed emotional support and mental health counseling
- Retrieval of identification documents and language interpretation when necessary
- Art therapy and recovery programs
- Skills training and job placement
- Education and financial aid assistance
Oklahoma Demographic Data Collected from Sex Trafficking Clients by BDS from 2013-2016:
- 58% were mothers, 7 pregnant at intake
- 97% admitted to being sexually abused
- 58% were trafficked as a minor
- 77% admitted to drug dependency or alcohol dependency
- 50% Caucasian, 29% Mixed Race, 6% African American, 9% Hispanic, 3% Asian
- 95% US Citizens, 5% Foreign Nationals
Prevention and Awareness
Since 2012, BDS has taught thousands of people about human trafficking in Oklahoma City, Tulsa, and in communities around the state of Oklahoma.
BDS trains professionals and agencies on human trafficking victim identification and trauma informed care. We’ve been honored to train healthcare professionals, legal professionals, mental health professionals, and law enforcement professionals. BDS also teaches community members about human trafficking, vulnerable populations, Internet safety, and healthy boundaries. We’ve had the privilege to speak to youth groups, service organizations, students, churches, and events for concerned citizens.
To request a speaker from Beautiful Dream Society, please contact us here!